Megan turned one year old today!
Birthday girl.
Birthday cake.
Megan has been such a great baby for us. I am so grateful to have been blessed with a calm, easy-going little girl after getting two rambunctious (albeit fun-loving) boys in a row. She is the only one of my babies who was going to come out on her own. I went into labor with her on March 29th. However, March 30th was my due date, and I have a thing about even numbers, so once I got my epidural and saw that she wasn't hustling to make her debut, I laid back, crossed my legs, and stayed very still in hopes of postponing her arrival until the 30th. Just after midnight, the doctor moved into position and Megan was born.I'm excited for this year, as Megan is just starting to walk and will be even more involved with family activities. She already gets excited for Family Home Evening -- we sit in a circle and pat our knees until everyone is there, and then we sing the Family Home Evening song. Megan crawls over, sits down, and pats along with us with a big smile on her face. We love her so much. Happy Birthday, Moogaroo!

9 comments:
What a sweet baby you have there Kristi. Happy 1st birthday to Megan!
I loved hearing your labor story. So crossing your legs actually works huh? You're too funny! I'm glad that it worked out for you. I too have a weirdness about odd numbers, but two of my kids were born on the 23rd of their respective months. Jake wasn't due until the 29th, and since Hannah and Josh were both early, I was kind of excited to have him on the 23rd too. But, he chose to come even earlier, so he came on the 16th. Little stinker ruined my big plans! heehee!
she is so cute I want to eat her! OK, not literally, but you know what I mean. She is reason enough to ditch D.C. and move to the tri-cities. By the way, you more than succeeded on that cake. Way to go. You do our mom proud.
Such a cute baby girl. I'm seriously shocked she's already had her first birthday! Are you sure that was a year already?!?! Crazy!! Love your fetish with even numbers. That cracks me up!
Happy Birthday Megan!! If I had a guarantee that my next baby would be like her I wouldn't hesitate to have another one! She's so refreshing! You did a great job on the cake...very cute.
Happy Birthday to Megan! I can't believe she's a year old. Crazy. What a beautiful little girl.
Wow! Time sure does fly, eh? Love the cake and the 'month' pics! CUTE CUTE baby girl! Your family is sooooo adorable! Way to go!
Kristi, what a cute baby Megan is and what a beautiful birthday cake you made for her. As you know I am partial to that name and if she grows up to be like our Megan she will be a real delight. I especially loved reading about, and picturing you all sitting in a circle patting your knees until everyone gathers together for Family Home Evening!!! "Oh, we gather in a circle and kneel in family prayer..." and "This is the night we've waited for, always a treat we have in store..." We love those songs and used to sing them every Monday night! That was a great blessing to our family then and now as we look back on the promises we were given from being obedient to the prophet's counsel. Believe me we were/are not a perfect family, but we were blessed greatly for holding regular FHE, scripture study and family prayer. I can't say enough about it--there's no substitute for it either! I feel strongly about it as you can tell! Always fun to see pictures and hear about you and your sweet family. Love, Kris
Your cake wins. That's awesome. Those pics of Megan are so cute. Are you planning on carrying on the family tradition of recounting the labor/birthing story every birthday? That's fantastic. :)
That cake makes me hoppy. I mean happy. That is adorable. Megan is a cutie pie too. Sounds so fun. Way to go mom.
Post a Comment