Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Morning 2008

I forgot to post these yesterday, and these were the creme de la creme! Read on...

As I was racing to get ready for church on Sunday morning and finish preparing my talk for church, Michael came in to see how things were going. He said he had just heard McKenzie say "Mom and Dad better not see this!" We wondered what she might be trying to conceal, so he went downstairs to investigate. This is what he found:




Yes, the boys once again found joy and delight in emptying not just our full flour container this time, but our 5 lb full sugar container, as well. They started in the dining room, tracked the powder through the kitchen and family room, out to the patio (which is where Thomas claims he dumped most of the flour), and onto the trampoline. At least they had fun.

Their entertainment didn't end there. While Michael was vacuuming up their mess (just as it started raining), I put the boys in the tub and filled it halfway. I left to continue getting ready for church, but soon came back to check on them. They had turned the water back on and were an inch away from it overflowing when I opened the door. They were having a great time splashing, sliding down the slight wall slant, and swimming around in the water. The floor was flooded. Needless to say, bathtime was over.

9 comments:

tharker said...

Just looking at these pictures makes me feel all stressed out! I think it's so great that you got pictures though....it probably helped you stay in control too ;)

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe that! Such typical little boys. I love that they do this stuff together. If you need to borrow some flour or sugar, let me know!

Jan said...

Wow is about all I can think of. You deserve a break. Hint to husband. That was nice of you to refer to it as their entertainment, because I can tell from a mothers point of view it wasn't your idea of fun. Yowser.

Typegirl said...

I definitely had a miniature panic attack just looking at the pictures too! Wow! How much do you rock?

Anonymous said...

I love their faces. No remorse whatsoever.

meohmyers said...

I'm so glad you grabbed the camera to document this fiasco! Crazy little boys! Good mom!!!

Sommers Funny Farm!! said...

Kristi, you just made my moment! How bad am I that I find enjoyment knowing that my boys are not the only ones who can silently and completely empty large quantities of powdered anything. I'm sorry I feel this way, but it's just so nice knowing I am not the only mom to walk into a scene like this one. Brent was in Iraq when mine did all that!

Lisa Christine said...

All I can say is that this makes me glad I have all girls. Nice piece of work there. The flour on the trampoline and back porch was a nice touch.

~The Donald

Lisa Christine said...

Oh goodness....I just cringe looking at all those pictures. Boys will be boys.