Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fun With Shaving Cream

I finally finished painting my bedroom recently. (I started over a year ago.) Things went pretty well with the kids and all until the final home stretch. I just had one last part to do, so I took about 30 minutes to finish it up. I made sure the kids were occupied before I began. I checked on them 15 minutes later and rescued Megan from Mason (who was in a wrestling state of mind), then worked for 15 more minutes. Just as I climbed down from the ladder for the last time, McKenzie came in and said, "Mom, you have to see this. Come downstairs." This is what she showed me:

No, the mess wasn't confined to just the table. They also smeared some on the carpet, and when they finished playing in the dining room, they went to watch tv in the family room, thus bringing the mess in there. At least they sat in their little chair instead of on the couch. And, at least the shaving cream smells relatively good.

This is how I caught them after I went to get my camera.

Thomas is helping Mason shave his leg with a pipecleaner. Shouldn't my boys be practicing shaving their faces instead of their legs?

They were covered front and back with shaving cream.
Some fun.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I am proud of you for keeping your cool long enough to get your camera. I am afraid had I found my kids like that they would have they would have been crying in the pictures.

However....

Congrats on finishing your room!! Do you love it??

Kristi said...

Yeah, I don't document the things I do lose my cool about. Parenthood is definitely an intense course in patience.

I love my room. I'll love it even more when I finally get the drapes sewn and hung. I'll post a picture when it's all finished... some day. The colors remind me of a 3 Musketeers bar with chocolate on one wall, and creamy nougat on the other walls. The ceiling is painted cream, and our bedding is deep red. It's delicious.

Anonymous said...

what little devils!!! I'm sad I am missing out on these special moments :) and hope to be there soon. Maybe the boys need to spend a little time watching Michael shave...

Unknown said...

lol, that's too funny. Wow, you're awesome that your first thought is to grab the camera. I really need to cultivate that response.

Alicia Leppert said...

Oh my goodness. My kids never did stuff like this. I feel so deprived. (Okay, not really.)