Thursday, January 10, 2008

Snow Days

My kids have not had much opportunity to play in the snow. We didn't have snowgear, for one, and (b), we don't get much snow here. (Oh, and (iii), when it has snowed, my kids have been sick so we wouldn't let them play in it, and then it was gone by the time they got better.) Well, this time when it snowed, I was determined to create some fun times with my kids. Target came through with the last pair of size 10 snowboots on the shelf for Thomas, the last pair of size 5T and size 3T snowbibs for McKenzie and Thomas, and some deceivingly not-waterproof gloves for the boys. I also got a pair of snowboots for McKenzie, though now I wish I would have gotten the other pair. Oh well -- she loves them.

So, here is what my children did in the snow (finally!). I think we need to go to some mountains one Saturday for some serious snow. This was just a taste (at times, literally) of it.


Thomas and Mason had a blast jumping on the trampoline and making the snowballs bounce.

Megan about to go sledding, with no comprehension of what that means...

Ready...Set...Go! Hmmm... maybe she's not quite ready for sledding. Thomas and Mason building a snowman...
Thomas' favorite part was throwing snowballs...
...at me!
Megan, informing me that it is nap time.
After putting Mason and Megan down for naps, I came outside to this scene:
And then we finished the snowman!

There was some debate over the gender of the snowman/lady. McKenzie wanted to use baby breath as "her" ponytail, but Thomas insisted it was a snowman, without a ponytail. I took pictures of both, but you can't see the ponytail in any of them.

7 comments:

Shayla said...

We were outside doing the same thing on Wednesday. Wasn't the snow great for making a snowman? We were badly in need of some better gloves, too. Why can't they make really good waterproof gloves for kids? They're the ones that really dig down in the snow and need them. Oh, and I love Megan's cute little boots.

Anonymous said...

best pictures ever! Man, I wish I could be there. Megan looks hilarious. Especially when she was falling off the sled. Just like a little doll.

tharker said...

So cute. I love the one of the two kiddos snacking on snow!

Kristi said...

Thanks guys! Those boots that Megan is wearing were actually Michael's when he was a toddler!

meohmyers said...

The picture of Megan almost falling off of the sled reminds me of the little brother in A Christmas Story all bundled up in his winter gear but can hardly move! Made me laugh! Cute kids!

Alicia Leppert said...

What adorable pictures. I am so frustrated...after our third snowfall of the season, I got all excited thinking this winter we were actually going to have snow, so we ran out and bought head to toe snow gear for the kids...it's snowed once since then, and my kids were sick. So the snow clothes remain untouched, tags still on them. Pray for more snow!

Alicia Leppert said...

P.S. It's great to be back on your blog! I can't believe how much I missed!