Michael had sinus surgery the day after Christmas. When I went to pick him up, I expected him to have some nose bandages. I was shocked to find his whole head bandaged. I didn't realize it was simply an ice pack and washcloth over his eyes. I thought maybe there were complications and I'd be nursing a blind man. (There were complications which resulted in some loss of vision for two days, but his vision cleared up by Saturday.) P.S. I wasn't initially intending t0 post these pictures, but he said he didn't mind.
4 comments:
That last picture shocked me!!! What happened during the surgery that made him lose his vision for 3 days? Hope he is back to 100% soon!
It all looks so painful. I hope that he's feeling better soon.
The doctor perforated the bone between his orbital cavity and his sinus, causing hemmoraging and swelling in the orbital cavity. The swelling pushed his eyeball forward, out of place. He had a difficult time tracking with it - it didn't follow with his other eye - and he couldn't focus. He is feeling much better and his vision has completely returned. He returns to work tommorrow. Thanks for your concern!
Snap....
Is Mike OK? He looks kinda scary.Well, hope he heals up good.Best of wishes in '08!
-McKay
Post a Comment