Monday, May 25, 2009

Now He Is Really, Truly 5 Years Old.

May 17, 2009. Thomas turned 5 for real. He is a great kid. I love him so much. He is a sensitive little guy who loves to give hugs and tell us how much he loves us. He loves to play the Wii, and loves playing with his siblings and friends. He is adventurous. He enjoys climbing anything. He climbs the trampoline net, the big climbing rock at the park, other big rocks, counters, stairway bannisters, closet shelves, you name it. I'm waiting for the day when I'll find him on our roof. I feel so blessed to have him as my son, to have the opportunity to share life with his fun, caring spirit.

Thomas was anxious to celebrate his birthday and find out what other surprises were awaiting him. He opened his gifts after blowing out the trick candles again, and again, and again (with everyone's help).


We added to his collection of Star Wars action figures, and gave him the Lego version of Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, complete with Lego Anakin and R2-D2. Afterwards, the kids jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler spraying them from underneath.

Notice how Megan wore her black dress shoes.


His grandma handmade this apron for him.

As you can see, Thomas enjoys hamming it up for the camera.

She embroidered a spider on it because he likes Spiderman so much and it was the closest she could get to that. I think it's very cute! Now we'll have to make some cookies so he can have an excuse to wear it. Megan can wear hers, as well. We had plenty of cake left over, so we went to our friends' house and shared it with them. It was another great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didnt you get the memo...church shoes can be worn ANYWHERE.:)

Shayla said...

I always like to wear my black church shoes on the trampoline while a sprinkler is running, it just wouldn't be as fun without them!