I hope you had a great Mother's Day. I enjoyed mine. After church and lunch, Michael brought in presents for me and asked if I was ready to open them. The cake wasn't made yet, the kids were finishing up their lunch, the counters were messy, and there didn't seem to be a single place in our home to take pictures without clutter in the background. I said, "Wait, where's the fanfare?" Michael immediately made a trumpet with his hands and blurted out a long loud regal fanfare for me, followed by his booming voice "Gather one and all for the opening of the Mother's Day presents!" with more fanfare after that. The kids thought it was hilarious. When he finished, they said, "Do it again! Do it again!"
Now that I had my fanfare, we proceeded with opening the presents and cards. I figured, this is life. This is my life. I need to just live in the moments of it and not worry about how clean my house is or whether everything is done in a proper order. Who sets up the order of things, anyway? Cake is not necessary to open presents.
Honestly, to me the best part of the whole day was seeing the cards McKenzie and Thomas had made for me, and reading what they wrote. They were precious. McKenzie thought she was capturing the entire moment on the camcorder, but either the record button didn't get pushed at all until the end, or it got pushed twice in the beginning. So, this is another one just for the books. At least I have the cards, which I sincerely promised to keep forever and plan to scrapbook at this month's craft night.
We tried to get a Mother's Day picture with all the children and me, but Megan was past due for her nap. She refused to smile and soon pitched a fit. The moment was so typical for me that we just laughed. Then I comforted her and took her to her room for a nap. She fell asleep in my arms. That was a sweet Mother's Day moment. It's been quite a while since I've had a child fall asleep in my arms.
Here we are finding the humor as Megan screams "NOOOO!" to being prompted to smile.
And here is Megan being comforted.
What a sweetie.
2 comments:
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day...you deserve it! :)
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day, Kristi! I love this picture of you comforting Megan. I love the expression on your face. To me, it says that there's no where you would rather be. Beautiful!
Post a Comment