1. It's Friday, so it's the last day of the week that I have to get up super early, and tomorrow I can sleep in.
2. McKenzie had a bowl near her so when she threw up this morning, the mess was contained and easily cleaned up.
3. McKenzie threw up before I sent her to school, thus preventing me from having to haul all my kids to school to pick up a sickie.
4. Thomas went to preschool today, which was a huge blessing because he was being a total punk this morning and I was sick of dealing with him. He always says he hates to go to preschool, although he truly loves it, and this morning he added, "You're stupid, Mom. I hate you!" Always a great way to start the morning. He was in a much better mood after school. (Because he loves it, of course.) Punk.
5. My friend loaned me Madagascar, which kept the kids occupied for awhile while I worked on compiling our tax info from last year.
6. My child had a potty accident on the leather couch, not the fabric couch, so it was relatively easy to clean up.
7. My other child wet his pants on the counter (instead of the carpet), another relatively easy mess to clean. (He was trying to get something off the top of the fridge.)
8. He peed on the Reeses Pieces on the counter, so now they are no longer tempting and I could finally throw them away.
9. I am totally looking forward to a date with my husband tonight.
10. It's naptime.
4 comments:
Awesome, Kristi! I love your blessings. And that you could actually find a positive spin to your Reeses Pieces getting peed on. I hope McKenzie feels better soon and that *miraculously* no one else catches it!
That's a lot of bodily fluids roaming around your house. Good luck!
So, I am SO sad that the Reeses are gone :( I think I might have to buy you more to ease the pain. Hope everyone feels better soon! Glad you could go on a date, hope you had fun!
That reminds me of "Pollyanna" and the glad game. I find myself playing it often. Seems there's always something or some way to make every situation positive. It's a blessing to be able to see the silver lining!
*It's only Tuedsay and I'm already looking forward to Sleep-in Saturday. But, hey, I am proud of us! So far this week we are 2 for 2. Can't beat that! I'm certain that I wouldn't be so diligent on my own! Thanks for your commitment! Just keep going, just keep going, going, going!
Post a Comment