Since we didn't get to go out on Friday the 13th, I was really looking forward to our date on Friday the 20th. But then Michael came home sick from work on Thursday. He was sick on Friday as well, but thought he felt well enough to go to our Relief Society Birthday Dinner and out to a movie. We made it through both the dinner and the movie (unfortunately, because I HATED the movie), but he felt worse and worse as the night continued. The next morning, I found him bowing to the porcelain god. Poor guy. This is his four day weekend. We were planning on making a lot of progress in the office, but he has been feeling absolutely miserable.
I have been feeling like a troll. These are the times when I especially hate people who have nannies and can just leave their kids for a bit while they take a nice relaxing vacation. I NEED A BREAK! (Don't we all?) We are on week two of potty-training Mason. He is slowly getting it. He really prefers to wear a diaper because of how convenient it is. All I can say is that I'm sick of poo. I hate it. But I continue to persevere because I know that each day is one day closer to the day when he will go in the toilet instead of his underwear. And that will be a great day, indeed.
Anyway, here are some of the goings-on at my house this week: On Saturday night after I had put the boys to bed and was combing out McKenzie's hair, Mason came downstairs covered in marker and said, "Hey Mom, look. I'm Madagascar! Thomas is too. Come see!" They had colored their faces and "paws," their "cave," and Mason's little cow. I can't get my flash to work, so the pictures turned out blurry, but here is one for illustration purposes.
Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day, as you know. We were surprised to find that some mischievous leprechauns had visited our home and turned our milk green, and the children's cereal into Lucky Charms! Thank goodness they left my cereal alone. It didn't look very appetizing with green milk, but it tasted fine.
I tried to make bread this week for the first time ever. I think I was too impatient in mixing the dough. It didn't turn out very well. My friend, Molly, came over to help salvage it, but it was a lost cause.
I was thinking it might not be worth all the effort to make bread (since it didn't even taste that good) until Molly brought one of her loaves over today to share with me. I took a picture of her loaf next to my loaf so you could get a better idea of how bad mine was.
Molly's bread inspired me to try again and this time, I think we have a winner.
5 comments:
Kristi, I completely agree about feeling like a troll - in fact that is the perfect word for it!! And I need a break too, lets meet somewhere in the middle and have a girls weekend, okay? And I know that bread can be very tempermental, even when you know what you're doing, but keep it up!! There is nothing better than your house smelling like homemade bread - yum!! Now I think I'll go make some :)
Mmmmmmm, that bread looks delicious! As soon as things settle down around here we will definitely need to have Mason and Megan come over and play. My kids are driving me nuts too, and your kids always keep them so entertained!
Sorry you've had the sickies at your house! We've been fighting it, as well. Gotta love the Madagascar cave, too bad they had to use markers on themselves and your furniture to achieve the look! We love homemade bread, it's totally worth doing over and over again until you get it right.
You are brave. I have tasted Molly's bread and it is worth the effort, I just haven't put the effort in yet. I just beg for homemade bread from all my domesticated friends.....by the way.....if you have any extra.......
Ooooh, I love making bread. Thank goodness our kitchen is almost done -- I can start baking again!
I love the boys being Madagascar. I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your household -- hope everyone feels better now. :)
Post a Comment