Friday, September 18, 2009

Success!

Soon after school started, Thomas began playing with some of our neighbors who are also in his kindergarten class. They all love to ride their bikes, but none of his friends use training wheels. When Thomas realized that he was already balancing pretty well on his bike, he decided to try shedding the training wheels again. This time, he was ready.



I included this picture because I absolutely love the moment surrounding it, even though I wasn't fast enough to really capture it. Mason was standing a little to the side, waiting for Thomas to successfully take off. Once he did, Mason ran alongside Thomas until he couldn't keep up anymore, and cheered "You're doing it! You're doing it! Whoo-hoo!!!" It was awesome.

He could not wipe this huge grin off his face!

I really like this picture because it was so spontaneous. Thomas got off his bike and asked his dad for a hug in gratitude for teaching him how to ride a bike! What a sweet moment. And I love Mason's expression, as well.

No comments: