Sunday, August 30, 2009

Preston Trip

I worked on painting McKenzie's room while she was gone. I still haven't done the stenciling. Maybe now that the kids are in school I can get it finished? ...I will post a picture of it when it is completed.

8/14-18/09
In mid-August, we drove to Preston to pick up McKenzie. It was so fun for the kids to visit with their Grandparents again. We got to spend the night in their Oakley house, then picnic and hike in the City of Rocks. Megan learned not to grab onto a cactus for support. We also went out to the American West Heritage Center near Logan, UT. The kids got to listen to a Mountain Man tell them about trapping beavers for beaver felt hats, watch Native Americans dance, and talk to a Pioneer Woman about living in a dugout. To top it all off, they got to ride horses again!


We also got to check out a farm restored as it was in 1917. I wasn't expecting how small the rooms were, especially when you consider how many kids most families had. I'm grateful for my modern day vacuum and washing machines. Megan sure loved being with her grandparents. She wanted to ride with them whenever she could, and she loved to hold their hands while we were exploring.

No comments: