I went out to meet Brenda when she brought McKenzie home from school. Mason soon joined us outside. He was covered from head to toe in mystery powder. He didn't want to show me where he made the mess. After the kitchen and his bathroom were ruled out, we went to my bathroom. I had been very tired that day and had taken a break from cleaning to sit on the couch and do some digital scrapbooking. Thomas and Mason had both been quietly occupied downstairs with me. But then Mason had disappeared, and I hadn't given it much thought until I saw him covered in powder. We went to my bathroom and he showed me his mess.

As I thought of what the best way to respond would be, I considered that a) he is 3 years old, not 4 or 7, b)Comet actually feels pretty good under your feet - maybe what sand feels like at really nice beach,

c)I was somewhat responsible for the mess, since I left the Comet out (I had intended to clean the bathroom) and the door unlocked, and d)these messes won't last forever -- maybe someday I'll miss them. I attempted to have him help clean up, but it just made things worse, so I sent him to his room until I finished. So Brenda, now you know what the mystery powder was.
1 comment:
Oh every powder it could have been...oh man. Did it come off his cloths ok?
Post a Comment