Yesterday, Mason was walking around with a little toy city bus. Megan was in the tub in my bathroom and he had been leaning over the side of the tub trying to touch the water with his fingertips. Only, the sides of the tub are too high, so he can't reach the water. I had to go grab something real quick, but while I was out of the room, Mason came and found me and said with a plaintive voice while pointing to the bathroom,"'cool bus, Mommy. 'Cool bus." I said, "oh, you dropped your bus into the tub? I'll get it for you." I follow him to the bathroom, but he continues past the tub over to the toilet, which has just been flushed and is filling with water. He points inside the basin and says "'Cool bus." Poor kid. I had to explain that it was gone. There was no getting
that toy back. Hopefully our pipes and sewer system (whatever we have) will survive.
Today, Mason came and told me he was hungry. It was between breakfast and lunch, so I offered him a piece of toast. He sat at the counter and I turned around to get some bread out and put it in the toaster. When the toaster turned on, it seemed like it emitted a slight plastic-y smell. So, I turned it off, took the bread out, and peered inside to make sure a toy had not inadvertently been placed in there earlier. I couldn't see anything, so I put the bread back in. I then turned back around to address Mason and saw that he was almost done pouring a practically brand new box of baby cereal into the sink. No wonder he was being so quiet!
3 comments:
Awe.Some.
Thats nice, it reminds me of when my kids poured malt-o-meal into the dishwasher thinking it was dish washer detergetent. What can you do right?
Lovely. I guess you can be glad it was contained in the sink for ease of clean up. :-) At our house it's usually an entire box of cereal dumped on the couch and all over the floor. Dogs are good for that, they clean it up before I have a chance to even get out the vacuum.
Post a Comment