Thursday, August 26, 2010
We're thankful for toilets?
This morning during family prayer, the kids were having a hard time being reverent. I told them I would keep praying until they were quiet and reverent. Mason and Thomas kept poking each other and wiggling and picking up random things, so I just kept praying. After already expressing gratitude and asking for blessings for various people, I thanked Heavenly Father for individual leaders of our church, and for the grass and trees, and then parts of our home. The kids were finally settling down when I considered that I appreciate not having to go outside to an outhouse, so I said "we're thankful for our toilets..." So much for reverence. At least the kids stifled their laughter. I figured they were reverent enough, so we closed our prayer. In the future, I'll leave out the toilets in family prayer, but I'm still super grateful for them! ;-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is the awesomest idea ever! I plan on using that one!
Post a Comment