First, they colored pictures of Spiderman's "bad guys" (Venom, Sandman, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, and two bad guys borrowed from Superman)
and then they played a game of Pin the Spider on the Web.
(It was a tie between Mason and Trevor.)
Next, they changed into their Spidey identities and found three imposter Spidermen in their midst!
After all that work, it was time to recharge with hotdogs and Green Goblin juice. Thomas and his Spidey friends weren't able to rest long before another attack of bad guys required their Spidey expertise. This time, they practiced webslinging by throwing water balloons at their dastardly foes.
Once the villians were drenched, it was time for presents and cake.
The Spidermen pretty much rushed through this part because they were anxious to prove their agility on the structure out back.
We'll definitely have to invite all of these little superheroes a few more times throughout the summer... but most likely in smaller groups. :-)
This was a fun party, and I'm so grateful for everyone who helped make it a success! Eden, with her "tips," Bryan and Brenda, Jen, and all the kids who came and their parents for all their background work! Thomas had a blast. It was absolutely worth the time, energy, and sacrifices to make it happen. (Happy late Birthday, Alicia! I wanted to be there but I was decorating the cake past 3am!)
On another note, our fair city had a record high of 98 degrees today. Since our air conditioner decided to take some unauthorized time off, so our home reached a record high of 94 degrees. We learned that if it gets hot enough, balloons pop spontaneously and solids turn to liquid.
I finally threw on my swimsuit later in the afternoon and joined my kids on the waterslide. Fun times!
10 comments:
Kristi, the cake turned out so good! You did awesome. The party looks like way too much fun, I bet the kids said it was the "best day ever!" when it was over. :-) I missed Alicia's party, too...we'll have to do something fun again for those of us who didn't get to go! I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I hope your air is working now...we had that happen last year...it's not fun to realize your a/c doesn't work when the weather suddenly decides to turn hot. I would've been throwing on my swimsuit to join the kiddos too. It's good to see a post from you, I've been missing them. :-)
that sounds like an AWESOME party. You are so creative!! What fun activities. And that cake, wow. Wish I could be there.
Fun party! The waterslide look so inviting with the recent weather. 94 inside is NO GOOD!
What a blast! (The slide and party not the AC issues) We had to have a new fan put in ours on Wednesday! Oh and happy birthday to Thomas!!!
That party sounds so cool. Love the cake, too! What a lucky guy.
The party was fun even for us adults and lunch was an added bonus. I can't believe Thomas is 4! Good luck with the AC, if it is not fixed on Monday feel free to stop by our nice cool house!
The cake looks great!! I can't believe you have that water slide, I saw it in an ad yesterday and was like, "Oh my gosh, that kicks the Davis' Banzai's BUTT!" Maybe we'll have to conveniently stop by sometime you have it set up :-)
You had all the fun. What a great party. Cake was looking really good.
FYI: We finally got our AC working on Monday. What a difference it made!
I feel like such a heel reading this. I still feel awful about missing Thomas' party, and I will NEVER show this post to Payson. He would have had SO MUCH FUN!! You are so creative, the party games looked like a blast. We will have a GNO very soon so those who missed my b-day one can come!
Post a Comment